Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share


Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Share
avatar
Secret_Wyvern
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 43
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 15
Location : New York,America

Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Secret_Wyvern on 26.03.17 3:36

Hey if you're interested here's the link to my review on the OG Uberdragon Bajula
If your not then here's the short version

This card is insane. Run search. On April Fools day run him at four to do this easily

Turn 1 Charge mana
Turn 2 Charge then cast any cost 2 mana accel
Turn 3 Charge and play any low cost dragon you can
Turn 4 Scramble Change Bajula on low cost dragon and start burning mana, if your opponent hasn't used mana accel and you went first they're down to 1 mana! And if they mana accel with some basic next turn they'll be back to 1 mana again! And if they don't mana accel, they'll be down to no mana.

He also has some badass artwork.
[WARNING: IN FULL REVIEW THE AUTHOR HAS A DRAGON BONER YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED]
(disclaimer:not really just tries to hype up Bajula at start of review.)

http://www.tradecardsonline.com/?action=showCardReview&review_id=7815

If you want please rate this review, it would be very much appreciated.
avatar
Mr-ex777
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Posts : 129
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Mr-ex777 on 28.03.17 18:32

I rated your review and it's ok.
avatar
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Posts : 319
Feedback Points : 1/1
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Finland, Hanko

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by ELTP on 28.03.17 21:41

Interesting idea, the problem is just that Bajula is not that easy to get into your hand since it's restricted to 1.


_________________
The world changes, I change - My passion for Duel Masters persists.
Duel Masters Finland - The Finnish Duel Masters Community
avatar
ohdeer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 29
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-10
Age : 23
Location : Poland

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by ohdeer on 30.03.17 17:29

The idea itself is good, but like just ELTP said Bajula's rest makes that combo really hard to play and it requires lot of support cards in deck which cuts the slots for core cards. You can add some copies of Bajula the Star or Überdragon Bajula, the 2nd to make a more stable version of the mana burn dragon deck. The review is okay, you exhausted the main topic.


_________________
Breaking opponents shields since 2004.
avatar
OcaVan
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Posts : 81
Feedback Points : 1/1
Join date : 2017-02-02
Location : germany

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by OcaVan on 30.03.17 18:36

This is a great passionate tribute Review to Überdragon Bajula but like ohdeer says it gets a bit exhausting in the end.
If you like to you can add 'Bajula's Soul' to the review.
avatar
iamjason8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 25
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-05-29

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by iamjason8 on 29.05.17 7:19

I appreciate that the OCG and TCG are vastly different but I exclusively play TCG and have found Bajula to be a very underwhelming card once you improve deck building and start playing against better decks in general.

I've tried many times to build a viable deck that centers around Bajula since it is my friend's favorite card but to no avail. If anyone has found a way to make a consistent Bajula deck, I'd appreciate some input.
avatar
Enigmafiend
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 29
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Enigmafiend on 29.05.17 12:49

To all the people saying this is unlikely, in tcg bajula and many other op mana retrievals are allowed to be kept upto 4 copies and since this is possible you can run a very strong bajula deck. The fact is that this is like a mega manlock against a 5c deck but it simply destroys ur opponent, setting him back 2 turns worth of charge and breaking 3 shields
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The time is gone,
The song is over
Thought i had something more to say
- TIme by Pink Floyd
avatar
Secret_Wyvern
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 43
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 15
Location : New York,America

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Secret_Wyvern on 29.05.17 16:34

@iamjason8 wrote:I appreciate that the OCG and TCG are vastly different but I exclusively play TCG and have found Bajula to be a very underwhelming card once you improve deck building and start playing against better decks in general.

I've tried many times to build a viable deck that centers around Bajula since it is my friend's favorite card but to no avail.  If anyone has found a way to make a consistent Bajula deck, I'd appreciate some input.


Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
Aqua Hulcus X4
Aqua Surfer X4
Bolzard Dragon X4
Cocco Lupia X4
Energy Stream X4
Faerie Life X4
Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
Natural Snare X4
Terradragon Arcque Delacerna X4
Uberdragon Bajula X4
avatar
iamjason8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 25
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-05-29

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by iamjason8 on 30.05.17 0:27

@Secret_Wyvern wrote:
@iamjason8 wrote:I appreciate that the OCG and TCG are vastly different but I exclusively play TCG and have found Bajula to be a very underwhelming card once you improve deck building and start playing against better decks in general.

I've tried many times to build a viable deck that centers around Bajula since it is my friend's favorite card but to no avail.  If anyone has found a way to make a consistent Bajula deck, I'd appreciate some input.


Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
Aqua Hulcus X4
Aqua Surfer X4
Bolzard Dragon X4
Cocco Lupia X4
Energy Stream X4
Faerie Life X4
Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
Natural Snare X4
Terradragon Arcque Delacerna X4
Uberdragon Bajula X4

Interesting list. Will have to try it out. What's the main reason for not playing Melgars? I thought the objective of the deck was to get Bajula out asap.

By just looking at the list I feel like Terradragon Arcque Delacerna really turns the deck around since in testing my decks got completely wrecked by discard. I didn't even realize this card existed... Too bad it's impossible to find which is probably why I didn't know about it... Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
Secret_Wyvern
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 43
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 15
Location : New York,America

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Secret_Wyvern on 30.05.17 0:32

@iamjason8 wrote:
@Secret_Wyvern wrote:
@iamjason8 wrote:I appreciate that the OCG and TCG are vastly different but I exclusively play TCG and have found Bajula to be a very underwhelming card once you improve deck building and start playing against better decks in general.

I've tried many times to build a viable deck that centers around Bajula since it is my friend's favorite card but to no avail.  If anyone has found a way to make a consistent Bajula deck, I'd appreciate some input.


Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
Aqua Hulcus X4
Aqua Surfer X4
Bolzard Dragon X4
Cocco Lupia X4
Energy Stream X4
Faerie Life X4
Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
Natural Snare X4
Terradragon Arcque Delacerna X4
Uberdragon Bajula X4

Interesting list.  Will have to try it out.  What's the main reason for not playing Melgars?  I thought the objective of the deck was to get Bajula out asap.

By just looking at the list I feel like Terradragon Arcque Delacerna really turns the deck around since in testing my decks got completely wrecked by discard.  I didn't even realize this card existed...  Too bad it's impossible to find which is probably why I didn't know about it... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Simple, this is a deck made in five minutes =P
Obviously it'd need some customization to make it really work well, this deck is mostly just a skeleton that can be altered to fit people's play style. And Arcque is a godsend with cranium clap around. If this was OCG I'd replace him with better options but this is TCG so he's the best we got.
avatar
Enigmafiend
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 29
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Enigmafiend on 30.05.17 15:47

@Secret_Wyvern wrote:
@iamjason8 wrote:
@Secret_Wyvern wrote:
@iamjason8 wrote:I appreciate that the OCG and TCG are vastly different but I exclusively play TCG and have found Bajula to be a very underwhelming card once you improve deck building and start playing against better decks in general.

I've tried many times to build a viable deck that centers around Bajula since it is my friend's favorite card but to no avail.  If anyone has found a way to make a consistent Bajula deck, I'd appreciate some input.


Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
Aqua Hulcus X4
Aqua Surfer X4
Bolzard Dragon X4
Cocco Lupia X4
Energy Stream X4
Faerie Life X4
Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
Natural Snare X4
Terradragon Arcque Delacerna X4
Uberdragon Bajula X4

Interesting list.  Will have to try it out.  What's the main reason for not playing Melgars?  I thought the objective of the deck was to get Bajula out asap.

By just looking at the list I feel like Terradragon Arcque Delacerna really turns the deck around since in testing my decks got completely wrecked by discard.  I didn't even realize this card existed...  Too bad it's impossible to find which is probably why I didn't know about it... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Simple, this is a deck made in five minutes =P
Obviously it'd need some customization to make it really work well, this deck is mostly just a skeleton that can be altered to fit people's play style. And Arcque is a godsend with cranium clap around. If this was OCG I'd replace him with better options but this is TCG so he's the best we got.
The box within the box within the box, kek ; The deck is cool but not very realistic, it is too simple and a good spell heavy charge will end it, you need more defense and a civ balance atleast
avatar
Secret_Wyvern
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 43
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 15
Location : New York,America

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Secret_Wyvern on 31.05.17 0:27

@Enigmafiend wrote:
@Secret_Wyvern wrote:
@iamjason8 wrote:
@Secret_Wyvern wrote:
@iamjason8 wrote:I appreciate that the OCG and TCG are vastly different but I exclusively play TCG and have found Bajula to be a very underwhelming card once you improve deck building and start playing against better decks in general.

I've tried many times to build a viable deck that centers around Bajula since it is my friend's favorite card but to no avail.  If anyone has found a way to make a consistent Bajula deck, I'd appreciate some input.


Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
Aqua Hulcus X4
Aqua Surfer X4
Bolzard Dragon X4
Cocco Lupia X4
Energy Stream X4
Faerie Life X4
Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
Natural Snare X4
Terradragon Arcque Delacerna X4
Uberdragon Bajula X4

Interesting list.  Will have to try it out.  What's the main reason for not playing Melgars?  I thought the objective of the deck was to get Bajula out asap.

By just looking at the list I feel like Terradragon Arcque Delacerna really turns the deck around since in testing my decks got completely wrecked by discard.  I didn't even realize this card existed...  Too bad it's impossible to find which is probably why I didn't know about it... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Simple, this is a deck made in five minutes =P
Obviously it'd need some customization to make it really work well, this deck is mostly just a skeleton that can be altered to fit people's play style. And Arcque is a godsend with cranium clap around. If this was OCG I'd replace him with better options but this is TCG so he's the best we got.
The box within the box within the box, kek ; The deck is cool but not very realistic, it is too simple and a good spell heavy charge will end it, you need more defense and a civ balance atleast
Oh look, another box =P
And as I said, this is just a general template I made in 5 minutes. Obviously it needs a lot of tune up this was just made as an idea of what a bajula deck could look similar too.
avatar
ohdeer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 29
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-10
Age : 23
Location : Poland

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by ohdeer on 31.05.17 8:28

@Secret_Wyvern, your deck looks quite good, it's full of usefull TCG staples. The only thing I'd change in this deck's Soulswap instead of Natural Snare and it'll be nice WFN Bajula Beatdown for TCG format plays.


_________________
Breaking opponents shields since 2004.
avatar
Secret_Wyvern
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 43
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 15
Location : New York,America

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Secret_Wyvern on 31.05.17 15:41

@ohdeer wrote:@Secret_Wyvern, your deck looks quite good, it's full of usefull TCG staples. The only thing I'd change in this deck's Soulswap instead of Natural Snare and it'll be nice WFN Bajula Beatdown for TCG format plays.

Thank you. And Yeah I'd change Natural snare for SoulSwap too. Theres a lot of things I'd change honestly, mostly involving running fewer 4 ofs to add in some more useful cards like Emeral, a few chargers, and some lower costed dragons. But eh, I made in five minutes and was just what I thought would be a good base for a Bajula deck. Maybe a Bombazar or two could power up the deck.

But yeah I'm praying now that when dragons return in OCG we get some new bajulas or new bajula support so that I can build a much better Bajula deck in OCG.

I'd also accept Bajula getting unrestricted with open arms.
avatar
Enigmafiend
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 29
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03

Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Enigmafiend on 02.06.17 10:51

@Secret_Wyvern wrote:
@ohdeer wrote:@Secret_Wyvern, your deck looks quite good, it's full of usefull TCG staples. The only thing I'd change in this deck's Soulswap instead of Natural Snare and it'll be nice WFN Bajula Beatdown for TCG format plays.

Thank you. And Yeah I'd change Natural snare for SoulSwap too. Theres a lot of things I'd change honestly, mostly involving running fewer 4 ofs to add in some more useful cards like Emeral, a few chargers, and some lower costed dragons. But eh, I made in five minutes and was just what I thought would be a good base for a Bajula deck. Maybe a  Bombazar or two could power up the deck.

But yeah I'm praying now that when dragons return in OCG we get some new bajulas or new bajula support so that I can build a much better Bajula deck in OCG.

I'd also accept Bajula getting unrestricted with open arms.
We all will accept bajula with open arms
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
They looked in horror as the sky tore open and from hellfire and death descended a beast of utter mayhem and destruction, the hand of death, the master of time. Their fate was sealed for no beast escaped Balesk Baj, The Time Burner

    Current date/time is 26.07.17 19:38