Total Votes: 8

zhouker
Initiate
Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Rapid Reincarnation + Pharzi/Kryston

Post by zhouker on 02.05.17 2:27

Regarding the 2 situations below:

1) Rapid Reincarnation on Pharzi, send out a creature, rapid goes to grave, activate pharzi's effect and return that SAME rapid back to hand.

2) Rapid reincarnation on Kryston, use Kryston's effect and send Velyrika out, search for Bajula, and finish Rapid's effect by evolving bajula on velyrika.

Which of the above situations work, or should both be allowed to work? Since it's the player who casted the spell and should be allowed to choose the order which the events occur?

ELTP
Admin
Admin

Feedback Points : 1/1

Re: Rapid Reincarnation + Pharzi/Kryston

Post by ELTP on 02.05.17 20:35

Both works just fine, but for Pharzi one usually prefers Transmogrify

ohdeer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ohdeer on 11.05.17 18:15

Rapid Reincarnation used at Kyrstron, Lair Delver in combination with Velyrika Dragon and Uberdragon Bajula is pure awesomeness in TCG format plays, but it's quite hard to do, beacuse you need seven cards in your MZ, Kyrston in your BZ and both Rapid and Velyrika in hand. Anyway once it done it's cool play.

Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Post by OcaVan on 17.05.17 11:35

That would be a very cool situation indeed but it isn't that easy, but managable with enough draw/search effects.  
Those would be one of the situation i love this card game so much for. But tcg has also some broken combo's... but that's another topic.
xephon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by xephon on 18.05.17 14:37

well, imo. u cant put searched bajula with reincarnation or kystron in the bz, because velyrika triggers at last.

1. spell triggers: by casting it placeing in the grave.
1.1. solve spells effect: sacrifce a cr.(2trigger), put another from the hand into bz. (3trigger)

2. sacrificed cr. triggers: by beeing destroyed
3. put-in-bz cr. triggers: search an evo
2.2. solve dieing effect: put a dragon from hand to bz. (could evolve velyrika with a bajula already in hand)
3.3. solve searching effect: put bajula in the hand.

ure only allowed to choose prioritys if multiple effects "triggers the same time" for example mass destruction on dieingeffects or mist rias+bronze armtribe.
reincarnations sacrifice and put effect doesnt happen the same time, ure not able to choose first put and then sacrifice.
but wotc judges can say "it does because we want to". wouldnt change my mind.

for pharzi, u can select a spell just casted in the grave, because the spellcard is in the grave after trigger the spell, before solving its effect.
but u cant select a spellcard from ur grave if the same spellcard let u select.
in general uve to do selection when effects triggers

if i expl. something wrong, feel free to correct.
LG
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Post by ELTP on 18.05.17 22:36

You might xephon actually be right about the combination of Kyrstron and Reincarnation.

Spell's ability is resolved first so you destroy Kyrstron - it ability triggers and is put on hold - and put Velyrika in the battle zone and Velyrika's ability triggers and is put on hold. Now since 2 effects are on hold, the owner may choose in which order he uses the effects. So in this case, first you would choose to use Velyrika to search your deck for Bajula and then use Kyrstron to put Bajula into the battle zone for no cost.

I'm not totally certain about if abilities can be on hold and have the same level of priority if they are triggered during the same spell but in different parts, but I recall so.

Pharzi shouldn't have any problems of being combined with Transmogrify or Reincarnation as you also stated.

Bronze-Arm Sloth
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth on 03.07.17 10:35

zhouker wrote:

1) Rapid Reincarnation on Pharzi, send out a creature, rapid goes to grave, activate pharzi's effect and return that SAME rapid back to hand.

Kyrstron combos isn't a secret, it does work because Kyrstrons effect triggers when destroyed.

The Pharzi variant does NOT work, you can either get another spell or another rapid from the grave, not the same. Rapid first hits the grave, when all actions of the card are done. Beforehand, the card is not in the grave and cannot be grabbed by Pharzis effect

Current date/time is 23.09.17 3:08