Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

TCG vs OCG duels

Mr-ex777
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : None

TCG vs OCG duels

Post by Mr-ex777 on 23.05.17 15:10

TCG vs OCG duels are uncommon but there are a few things that OCG players must beware:

• If you run ramp people will rush you to death, TCO rushes are very fast, or control you to death since they can run more than 1 upheaval or Nairel (Which is very difficult to deal with by some OCG decks
  • Beware of Mana Burn Control or discard control, very common and can kill off most ocg decks
  • Lots of unblockables or blocker removal so blocker strategies ineffective
  • Transmogrify very dangerous for various types of spell decks/ramps
  • A lot more cheap blockers so prepared with mass removal

I assume 90 percent of tcg players will not duel ocg but there it is, sometimes it happens.
DarknessPony
Initiate
Initiate

Re: TCG vs OCG duels

Post by DarknessPony on 23.05.17 15:17

I'd say that unblockables are not much of an issue in OCG nowadays as HG is still going strong.
Other than that, pretty accurate. Also, even with just 1 Nariel and 1 Upheaval, Dromar is still a strong control.
Enigmafiend
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Enigmafiend on 23.05.17 16:04

Tbh its kinda unfair, TCG still has the Hof early cards such as slash, Nariel and bombazar and to duel that fuckfest one must pack the metaist meta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"After all this time why? You could have disappeared like before"
"Well if your to get all sentimental about it there is a reason."
"We forged our blades against each other"
"Yeah"
OcaVan
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : 1/1

Post by OcaVan on 23.05.17 16:21

I never had that many problems with playing an OCG deck against TCG. Not everybody runs meta decks and thats good and mostly even more fun if the decks are not optimizimed to the maximum. Maybe Nariel can be very dangerous but i think it is really easy too remove, espicially if you play OCG where you have a bigger variety. But you may had worse experience with Nariel than me. Upheaval and Bombazar are unfair, that's very true. TCG lacks of balance.
It's even hard not to play with an OCG deck against a TCG deck if you want to meet you DM duelist, which happens at least 3 times to me.
Nevertheless playing against Meta, espicially mana burn control can be very frustrating. sometimes.

Current date/time is 19.09.17 16:29