Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Nocturnal Giant

Poll

Is he even useful enough for using him or building a deck around him?

[ 1 ]
33% [33%] 
[ 2 ]
67% [67%] 

Total Votes: 3
Bronze-Arm Sloth
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : None

Nocturnal Giant

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth on 09.08.17 13:23

I have about 50-60 Promo Nocturnal Giants flying around, and i have never found any use for him, as well can't think of any idea.
Does anyone have an idea on how to build a deck around him, not just running him? TCG, no OCG please.

My only thoughts were using light for tapping blockers or water for bouncing blockers to make him come though.
A friend as wel suggested Mykee's Pliers to make him Speedattacker.

Waiting for your ideas!
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Feedback Points : 1/1

Re: Nocturnal Giant

Post by ELTP on 13.08.17 12:31

Nocturnal Giant is a strange one. You have plenty of promo versions of it and I understand that you'd like to get some use for those cards.

I woudln't really worry about blockers, at least if their power would be less than 7000. The problem is, that light blockers could attack on Nocturnal Giant when it's tapped and then power attack would be no use. Then again, in this scenario, Nocturnal Giant would have gone through and broke 3 shields.

You'd want to protect your Nocturnal Giant from your oppontent's blockers and the best way to do that, would be having blockers yourself. Pala Olesis would power-up your creatures during opponents turn and Gran Gure could be summoned right before Nocturnal Giant. Petrova would be a great way to boost your Guardians so that even Messa Bahna would be very powerful.

In short, Nocturnal Giant could get some action in decks when it would be used with it's greatest weakness, big light blockers. And Guardians are full of those.

Bronze-Arm Sloth
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : None

Re: Nocturnal Giant

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth on 13.08.17 19:12

But who is playing big blockers. In my meta no one even plays blockers. Sometimes a Squito finds its way into game, in rarer cases someone plays combo heavy stuff with Olesis or Jil Warka max.
Also it is even rarer, that someone attacks with a blocker, a pit would be more of a problem.

Also this advise does not help me building a deck around him :/

Current date/time is 17.08.17 14:24