Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

(TCG) Wise Starnoid

LordSommerhill
Apprentice
Apprentice

Feedback Points : None

(TCG) Wise Starnoid

Post by LordSommerhill on 20.09.17 10:25

Here is my version of Wise Starnoid. As you can see it is quite standard, but with a few changes. Yes i know, i run no Aqua Hulcus. You should have some draw power in addition to Energy Stream, so i chose Magris instead of Hulcus, even though Hulcus is the better of those two in itself. The reason is that Tajimal is my preferred play on turn 3, and the deck has no other good turn 4 plays except for Kolon. You could run both Hulcus and Magris, but both of those together with Tajimal is too much off this decks topic. You want as many materials for Starnoid as possible, so that you can easely summon many Starnoids per duel, something this build succeeds with. It is not rare to summon 3-4 Starnoids per game with this deck, unless you're playing against Rush or Aggro, which are easy matchups for this deck anyway. Therefore i chose Magris as my extra draw power.
Another change i made was to switch out Tulk the Oracle for Pharzi the Oracle. Pharzi costs 1 more mana, which has never been a problem, and other than that it is better than Tulk in every way. It is still very cheap bait, can trade with other 1000 creatures, and it lets you recycle your Streams and Holy Awes, or even Miraculous Snares if you need quick removal. Tulk loses against every other creature in tcg, has no effect, and just sucks outside of being cheap. It does you no good against aggro or rush either, as it is too small and useless. Pharzi also creates dilemmas for your opponents, if they want to kill it to prevent you from summoning Starnoid, since killing it will most of the time let you take back a spell to your hand. All in all i have had much success with Pharzi, and i will never use Tulk again in any deck.
The final change i wanted to make, was to put in 2 Miraculous Snare. In my opinion this is a very underrated card. This deck doesn't care if your opponent gets an extra shield or two, as it either destroys its opponents with a huge margin, or loses early on. Winning late game against this deck (not by deckout) is almost impossible, as it usually sits behind 10+ shields, and a huge board presence. All it needs to do then is pull a Holy Awe, or recycle one with Pharzi, and it can go for game before it decks out. So Miraculous Snare is essentially a 3 mana instant removal, which is very nice, as Light/Water doesn't have any other removal like that. Very nice to get rid of any one creature that gives you a hard time.

All in all a very solid deck, that does well in all matchups except against Bombazar, and usually always wins if it can survive the first 5-6 turns. Lets hear some opinions!
Bronze-Arm Sloth
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Re: (TCG) Wise Starnoid

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth on 21.09.17 7:08

If you play ocg i would take Qurian instead of Hulcus and Magris.
I like your version too! If you are into exotic things, maybe try 1-2 teched Emperor Marolls for Coril abusing Smile
LordSommerhill
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: (TCG) Wise Starnoid

Post by LordSommerhill on 21.09.17 9:27

Ah yeah, i don't know much about OCG, but i checked out Qurian and it would have worked very well in this deck. Don't know if you noticed, but there are 45 cards in this deck, rather than 40. This does sacrifice some consistency, but i did it on purpose to decrease the chance of decking out. With all the draw power, once you start swinging with several Starnoids at the same time, the deck will be thinned down rather quickly. Therefore i added a few extra cards, which has been working well.

Current date/time is 17.10.17 16:14