Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

(TCG) RUB Control

LordSommerhill
Apprentice
Apprentice

Feedback Points : None

(TCG) RUB Control

Post by LordSommerhill on 21.09.17 11:49

After seeing RUB Control a lot in videoes, and seeing different builds, i finally decided to put together my own RUB Control deck. This is the first version, and it is very unfinished as of right now. It is just the first decklist i could come up with in my head. I have testet it a lot, but i have not been very satisfied with the results so far. The metagame i play in very rough, consisting of several Bombazar decks, Marino Control, Phal Control, Rush decks and lot of other decks too. This RUB build took a 0-2 loss against Bombazar Aggro, 1-2 loss against Marino Control, 2-1 Victory against one Rush deck (Solely because of Miraculous Meltdown, which has been doing a lot of work), and a 0-2 loss against another Rush deck. Im about to test it against lots of other decks too, but like i said i am not satisfied with it so far. It contains lots of good cards, that can do a lot of work, but it just falls short against early offensive pressure. It also consists of 45 card, which i will eventually cut down to 40 to make it more consistent. Im also trying to find room for 2 Cranium Clamps, to improve the control and Bombazar matchup. The deck needs work, so i will greatly appreciate opinions, ideas and changes from people who have experience with this kind of deck. It works well, but just falls short against other high-tier decks a little too often. Here is the deck:

loui-mh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: (TCG) RUB Control

Post by loui-mh on 21.09.17 12:42

At first appearance it doesn't look so bad, but I have a a few remarks:
1) Why do you use Tanzanyte? Sure, it is a strong multi creature, has a lot of power, nice effect and DB, but you want to play Bolly in turn 7 or use Apoc, right? Imo, Tanzanyte isn't really the best idea to remove creatures from the grave back to hand in this (!) version of a deck. Try to use Morbid to recycle (it's cheaper, you don't have to wait a turn to use the effect and you can get two creatures at the same time too - independently from the name). Or use Corpse Charger to gain extra mana.
2) Nice idea with the Lizard. But as well at Tanzanyte, you have to wait one turn to use the effect (one turn for your opp. to remove those creatures). If you want to give Bolly or any other creatures speed attacker, maybe try Supersonic Jet Pack (costs only 1).
3) Third point: You have a huge (!) amount of blockers (9) in that deck. Try to cut that down, really! It slows you down. Squito is a good idea bc high power, Thrash too to remove cards from mana. Madrillon is not necessary. You can replace that Fish with Clamp or Locos. Or one more Emeral to control your shields (you are playing 12 triggers without any changes on my side).

Try to test it with some of those changes Smile

Cheers!
Bronze-Arm Sloth
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth on 21.09.17 16:06

-2 Meltdown
-1 Tanza
-4 Madrillon
-1 Legionaire Lizard

+1-2 Melnia
+1 Bolmeteus
+2 Morbid
+1 Loco /or 2 Clamps
Maybe add corile or max emeral

As said, your blocker count is far too high as needed.
LordSommerhill
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LordSommerhill on 23.09.17 15:10

Thanks for the replies. I use Tanzanyte as it combos really well with Deklowaz late game. However it is rather situational, and not really neccessary. And the reason i have so many blockers is because my meta is heavily influenced by Bombazar and Rushdecks, that just apply too much offensive pressure for this deck to deal with, unless i can summon enough blockers. I will try with the deck with the changes you guys suggested, but i will keep Miraculous Meltdown for now, as it has been this decks main win condition so far, and has been doing a lot of work in otherwise hopeless matches. It is the reason this deck can beat Rush very often. It also does extremely well against Aggro and other offensive decks.

Current date/time is 17.10.17 16:14