Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc.

äksä
Initiate
Initiate

Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc.

Post by äksä on 12.11.17 10:47

Hello!
I'm looking for the following TCG cards from the following starter/premade decks. These cards MUST be from these decks. One of each. NM or better only. 'All or nothing' per deck. You can offer sealed decks too.

Duel Masters Starter Deck 3 (DM10)
Stonesaur
Super Explosive Volcanodon

Forest Hornet
Fear Fang
Bronze-Arm Tribe
Tri-horn Shepherd

Aqua Soldier
Aqua Vehicle
Marine Flower

Hard Silence Deck (DM10)
Cosmic Wing
Ruby Grass

Kelp Candle
Submarine Project

Dark Reversal
Venom Worm

Twin Swarm Deck (DM10)
Brawler Zyler
Tornado Flame

Barkwhip, the Smasher
Bronze-Arm Tribe
Burning Mane
Cavern Raider
Silvermoon Trailblazer
Storm Wrangler, the Furious
Vreemah, Freaky Mojo Totem

Last edited by äksä on 18.11.17 14:41; edited 1 time in total
Bronze-Arm Sloth
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : None

Re: Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc.

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth on 12.11.17 11:47

Didn’t the booster versions and deck versions have the same numbers?
Would be easier if you put them into your post, so we can have an easier match in our collections
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Feedback Points : 1/1

Post by ELTP on 12.11.17 12:43

If I recall correctly, only re-released cards in the collector tin (included Lethal Luminosity Deck and Deadly Decay Deck) that contained Mist Rias, Mongrel Man, Vashuna and Syforce had different collector numbers to the regular set prints.

Bronze-Arm Sloth
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth on 12.11.17 13:58

@ELTP wrote:If I recall correctly, only re-released cards in the collector tin (included Lethal Luminosity Deck and Deadly Decay Deck) that contained Mist Rias, Mongrel Man, Vashuna and Syforce had different collector numbers to the regular set prints.

That’s what i had in my head as well
äksä
Initiate
Initiate

Post by äksä on 12.11.17 15:51

Yes, cards in the DM10 decks have the original set numbers. However, you may have noticed that cards from sets 10-12 have different texture/surface than the first 9 sets. Every card, even the ones from the older sets, in these DM10 decks have the new texture. It's a minor difference but since it's consistent I consider them as a different release. This may not apply to Vreemah since it's holo. I haven't checked it.
I may already have them all but since I don't have access to my collection atm I'd like to buy them just in case.
Bronze-Arm Sloth
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth on 12.11.17 18:32

Could you give us the set numbers of the cards? Smile
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Post by ELTP on 12.11.17 18:56

You certainly have been very thorough to notice something like that. I only noticed that the first theme decks released had sometimes stronger coloring than their regular set counterparts.

I doubt anyone here has those cards separately but quite recently I saw these decks sold on eBay for a rather cheap price.

äksä
Initiate
Initiate

Post by äksä Yesterday at 14:51

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about but are interested, I made this quick video comparing old and new versions.
It's how the cards' surface reflect light. Old ones have more texture. They are grainy while new ones are more smooth and matt.
If you have difficulties detecting fake cards - well this may be even harder. Difference between DM09 and DM10 is slightly harder to spot than difference between DM01-DM02 and DM10.
Also, there are both version of Vreemah. Holo side is the same but background has the different textures.

Protip: look at the black edges
OcaVan
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Post by OcaVan Today at 13:15

@äksä wrote:For those who have no idea what I'm talking about but are interested, I made this quick video comparing old and new versions.
It's how the cards' surface reflect light. Old ones have more texture. They are grainy while new ones are more smooth and matt.
If you have difficulties detecting fake cards - well this may be even harder. Difference between DM09 and DM10 is slightly harder to spot than difference between DM01-DM02 and DM10.
Also, there are both version of Vreemah. Holo side is the same but background has the different textures.

Protip: look at the black edges

I'm just wondering a bit why your interested in those very slightly differences. There seems to be a fascination for you i don't quite catch. Is it only about noticing the small details? Or the higher quality?
äksä
Initiate
Initiate

Post by äksä Today at 19:20

@OcaVan wrote:I'm just wondering a bit why your interested in those very slightly differences. There seems to be a fascination for you i don't quite catch. Is it only about noticing the small details? Or the higher quality?

I've had the 'collect one of each card' (TCG) objective for something like a decade now. For the past couple years, only missing cards are the few super rare promo cards. If there is something new to add to my collection, I'll take it.
I don't really care about small random error type of fluctuation in cards. But this is something I consider as a different release / variation for these few cards. It's consistent, origin of these cards is clear and the difference can be seen.
I understand that many doesn't care about this type of variation. Some people even find collecting the 46 cards from the tin too hardcore. But I have background from philately, numismatics and other collectibles. Within these other collecting hobbies, this kind of variation is normal thing to collect. They even get listed to catalogues etc.
My point is that material matters - not only what is printed on it.

Current date/time is 19.11.17 21:41