Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Worst box pull experiences?

Mr-ex777
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : None

Worst box pull experiences?

Post by Mr-ex777 on 04.02.17 5:41

What is your worst box pull experience save for counterfeit cards? Mine was when i was starting to return to dm and bought DMR-13. I was hoping for Spellcyclica, Gaiginga or whatever only to get Zeek Cavalie (Which is totally trash) and Saurpio (Which at the time was considered total crap).

I actually felt nothing but devastated after that box because of how lucky i was with the old school boxes i got on amazon.

Another time where i felt equally devastated is when i bought a box of fantasista 12 only to have it get the same contents as the previous box (Which had no victory rares).

There's also when i was looking for gaiglen in an extended period of time only to see q.e.d.+ in all boxes i see and the worst one is the second box since it had the exact same rares as the first (La rose and Q.E.D.+, both which were in the first box). Thankfully since the packaging rates in rev had been greatly increased, i was lucky to see at least 1 sr that i did not have when buying multiple boxes.

(There's also a time where i bought a box of DMR-25 and there is only 1 mm spellcycedelica, but i redeemed it by buying 15 extra packs which earned me the ohginga secret.)

What are your worst pulls bar counterfeits? Share your opinion!
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Feedback Points : 1/1

Re: Worst box pull experiences?

Post by ELTP on 04.02.17 13:34

I have been quite lucky with my booster pulls and haven't really felt disappointed with them. It's also been a long time since I have opened boosters in order to get something I really want. Nowadays, I mainly just import single cards.

Still, I remember wanting Deklowaz very badly around 2008 and kept buying single boosters and usually at best I got cards like Galuezal Dragon. But I got lucky after having bought 10-15 boosters (and DM-10 has 120 different cards) and finally pulled Deklowaz.

I think I have always felt very thrilled while and after opening boosters, especially the OCG ones since they are cheaper and you haven't that much to loose.

Mr-ex777
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Post by Mr-ex777 on 04.02.17 13:40

ELTP wrote:I have been quite lucky with my booster pulls and haven't really felt disappointed with them. It's also been a long time since I have opened boosters in order to get something I really want. Nowadays, I mainly just import single cards.

Still, I remember wanting Deklowaz very badly around 2008 and kept buying single boosters and usually at best I got cards like Galuezal Dragon. But I got lucky after having bought 10-15 boosters (and DM-10 has 120 different cards) and finally pulled Deklowaz.

I think I have always felt very thrilled while and after opening boosters, especially the OCG ones since they are cheaper and you haven't that much to loose.

Actually.....I did had a DM-10 booster box that i bought from yahoo auctions in the chistmas of 2014. It was really very terrible; It had Elexia, Ra Balza, Tanzanyte, Techno Totem and there are no Upheavals and Soulswap. It was really bad that i actually felt fucked. Don't forget that at that time Upheaval is a premium item with no reprints.
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Feedback Points : 1/1

Post by ELTP on 04.02.17 13:51

Tanzanyte and Techno aren't bad and Upheaval is even usable in OCG, or at least it was. Considering the high value of a DM-10 booster box and the other possible pulls, I understand why you felt bad after unboxing; It's not very common that you are able to open DM-10 - DM-12 boosters these days - especially not DM-12.

Mr-ex777
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Post by Mr-ex777 on 04.02.17 13:54

ELTP wrote:Tanzanyte and Techno aren't bad and Upheaval is even usable in OCG, or at least it was. Considering the high value of a DM-10 booster box and the other possible pulls, I understand why you felt bad after unboxing; It's not very common that you are able to open DM-10 - DM-12 boosters these days - especially not DM-12.

I opened DM-11 booster boxes in japanese before in 2014 and i wanted plague and got every "Eternal/Miraculous" Spell save for plague. But when i look back now i should feel lucky because i've got Miraculous Truce now which is now really difficult to get and useful. (Believe me on TCO somebody looped that thing with spellcyclica and it was so annoying.)

Current date/time is 23.09.17 2:55