Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share


TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Share

Poll

Should Bolmeteus Steel Dragon be banned or restricted?

[ 3 ]
23% [23%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 10 ]
77% [77%] 

Total Votes: 13
avatar
OcaVan
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Posts : 81
Feedback Points : 1/1
Join date : 2017-02-02
Location : germany

TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by OcaVan on 10.02.17 22:04

I wonder how a TCG Banned and Restricted List could look like. You all can decide if you want to use it for a self organized tournament or single duel. Of course it's only a recommendation, as there is nothing official from WotC except Bombazar, which was on the 'Watchlist'. I will start with some ideas. If you have suggestions for a TCG Banned/restricted List I will add it to this list and we will discuss if it should be placed on the list or not and i start a poll. Suggestion for a TCG Banned and Restricted List:

NOT FINAL
Restricted Cards
Cloned Nightmare (DM-12 26/55)

Banned Cards
Bombazar, Dragon of Destiny (DM-10 9/110)

Nerfed Cards
Cranium Clamp (DM-08 27/55)
Darkness / Spell / 4
- Discard a card. Then, your opponent discards 2 cards from his hand.

Watch List
Corile (DM-02 14/55)
Bolmeteus Steel Dragon (DM-06 S7/S10)
Hydro Hurricane (DM-06 23/55)
Future Slash (DM-06 55/110)
Überdragon Bajula (DM-08 S4/S5)
Nariel, the Oracle (DM-08 11/55)
Slash Charger (DM-9 32/55)
Soulswap (DM-10 25/110)
Miraculous Plague (DM-11 S3/S5)
Transmogrify (DM-10 43/110)


Last edited by ELTP on 22.02.17 18:34; edited 8 times in total

striker EX
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 19
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-05
Location : Singapore

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by striker EX on 11.02.17 0:53

If u do a combo ban on lost soul + upheaval then why not combo ban lost soul + hydro hurricane?
avatar
KazeBlack
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 29
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-02
Age : 24
Location : Hamburg, Germany

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by KazeBlack on 11.02.17 19:59

Surprised to see no Nariel here, since it almost entirely kills Rush and negates the ability to poke and is hard to get rid off with the removal limitations TCG has.
avatar
Mr-ex777
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Posts : 129
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Mr-ex777 on 11.02.17 20:01

You forgot future slash.
avatar
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Posts : 319
Feedback Points : 1/1
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Finland, Hanko

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by ELTP on 11.02.17 20:56

Neither Nariel or Future Slash has proven to be that hard to be dealt with and Lost Soul + Upheaval isn't too strong based on my experience. In Finland, we have Bombazar banned and Cranium Clamp restricted to 1.

Bolmeteus and Corile have raised questions, but I'd suggest we start with at least banning Bombazar and restricting Cranium Clamp since they are kind of obvious.


_________________
The world changes, I change - My passion for Duel Masters persists.
Duel Masters Finland - The Finnish Duel Masters Community
avatar
Zach Hartigan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 61
Feedback Points : 1/1
Join date : 2017-01-20
Age : 22
Location : Finland

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Zach Hartigan on 11.02.17 21:01

Restricted to 1:

Bolmeteus Steel

Watch List:

Corile


_________________
Your Eyes are like a space. So bright and deep. I just want to drown in to em'...
avatar
Coriler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 28
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-11
Location : Germany

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Coriler on 12.02.17 19:05

the op basically wants allmost all  TCG cards limited that are restricted in the OCG :/

not every card limited in the ocg is problematic/broken in the TCG
for example: miraculous snare

also some cards are way better and more game changing in the TCG format than the cards you listed there.

i rarely lose/win  games with/to swap or slash charger.
(slash is only really unfair if your opp. runs an avatar deck)
but a lot of games with/to holy awe breaking whole fields and destroying 4+ creatures (or winning games that should had been lost)  or apoc/blizzard doing the same. lost soul discarding a hand of 5+ etc.

the reason for this is because ocg and tcg have different top decks, cards  and ocg
has a different level of power creep. please look at the whole tcg meta and ocg cardpool as a whole and then decide...


Nariel:

imo nariel is a very subpar card (and turn 4 play) and never has been a problem in TCG.

i am happy if people run it lol.
nariel doenst generate any kind of advantage and just stalls.

controls decks would love facing it.
some control decks and their answers:

RUB : volcano charger, corile (momentary answer that still hurts), apoc, blizzards, pit  etc.
basically any good fire kill.

Marino Control : craze, kolon (tap and kill with a blocker) , awe, pit.

its true that its strong against rush decks though its pretty late turn 4.
fire rush decks play volcanic arrows too.

there are  more reasons i now wont go into why it isnt that good and much played.

Future Slash: i am happy if people play this turn 7 instead of lost soul,plague,apoc  xD...
the card isnt a problem at all ands sucks in tcg. realy shouldnt be on the list...


Cranium Clamp:
a lot of people dont play streams or a too high deck count to get their streams consistently or put their hand to the field while knowing their opp plays discard ..then rage against clamp.
but i am still  for limiting or banning it. it desroys deck diversity because you do have to keep
clamp in mind early game. though people should not forget anti-discard creatures.
if your deck gets hurt by it too much, just  run some of them. i never foudn clamp broken, because i prepared accordingly

Corile: well corile....xD...it punishes people for running non-CIP creatures.  
corile is especially strong when combined with the aformentioned clamp.
in that scenario it truly is unfair. so limiting clamp would weaken 2 problematic cards.

limiting corile would destroy hydrooze and starnoid though. that would be really unfair for the decks.
it holds nostalgic value as well. the card has been played for like 10 years now xD..
i wouldnt play a format with corile restricted.

what i dont like about limiting some cards to 1: there are some scenarios where one player gets the turn 4 clamp by luck and the other doesnt.

getting hit by a restricted clamp early game  would be way more frustrating, because its less expected and decks are not that anti clamp anymore.  so id say ban it or keep it at 4.

i am against banning/limiting anything except bombazar though. (should be an autoban)
tcg has been going for 10 years now...


Last edited by Touch Me on 12.02.17 21:44; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added mroe arguments)
avatar
KazeBlack
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 29
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-02
Age : 24
Location : Hamburg, Germany

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by KazeBlack on 12.02.17 19:19

I don't really see Future Slash as a legitimate threat either. It's turn 7 and can easily be countered by cheaper cards (Phal Eega, Dark Reversal) so it can end up more more beneficial for your opponent rather than hurtful.


Slash Charger is a different thing however, since it's cheap and generates Mana and therefore can be abused as a ramping tool for dark decks which is something they generally have trouble with as long they're not paired with green.
avatar
Coriler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 28
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-11
Location : Germany

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Coriler on 12.02.17 19:37

oh i forgot that slash allows you to get information about shield trigegrs and hand cards as well.
if you just sit there and look at all the cards in the mana, grave and field xD...


(some staples are generally run at 4 and you will know how many pits/surfers are in the shields, if not game 1 then surely game 2.)

and like i meantioned before its super cheap against dual evos (hydrooze and friends as well as avatars)

the reason why slash isnt that much played in the TCG though is that turn 3 most people rather cast stream to "protect" against clamp. if you do the opposite and remove a card from your hand
clamp will be even more devastating the following turn(s) thats the reasoning why i dont run slash.

actually slash could be put to 0 as well.



avatar
Coriler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 28
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-11
Location : Germany

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Coriler on 12.02.17 19:39

@KazeBlack wrote:

Slash Charger is a different thing however, since it's cheap and generates Mana and therefore can be abused as a ramping tool for dark decks which is something they generally have trouble with as long they're not paired with green.

the mana ramping for dark decks is no problem though.  the key cards killing and unfair information its gives the player is a bit too much.


Last edited by Touch Me on 12.02.17 21:46; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Posts : 319
Feedback Points : 1/1
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Finland, Hanko

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by ELTP on 12.02.17 19:43

Nariel isn't really a problem but it's still usable card and especially nice with Pala Olesis and Melnia. Still, nothing that couldn't be countered.

Future Slash is very slow and only useful in deck-out decks. Slash Charger has its benefits especially since it's the best mana booster in Darkness. I wouldn't still at least not yet, restrict or ban it.

Restricting Cranium Clamp to 1 would tell if it's best to just ban it altogether.


_________________
The world changes, I change - My passion for Duel Masters persists.
Duel Masters Finland - The Finnish Duel Masters Community

chiazx1
Initiate
Initiate

Posts : 6
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-08

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by chiazx1 on 12.02.17 21:33

Please do your research before meeting decisions
just because ocg banned and restricted those cards you think tcg should do it as well???
find out why they banned and restricted those cards in ocg! they got much more support in ocg that make them overpowed.
etc:
hydro hurriance was too op in OCG got OP muti color support like bloody shadow that is both light/dark but TCG got no dark/light muti colour creature while OCG got tons

uberdragon bajula restricted due to a lot of base dragon he can evolve on in OCG as it can evolve on any "dragon race"
avatar
ELTP
Admin
Admin

Posts : 319
Feedback Points : 1/1
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Finland, Hanko

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by ELTP on 12.02.17 22:52

@chiazx1 wrote:Please do your research before meeting decisions
Thank you for your participation. With all due respect, the community has done lots of TCG dueling. Just because lots of the cards in our watch list are banned or restricted in OCG doesn't mean we have solely relied on that fact. There are also other cards there, like Bolmeteus and Corile, which might not end up restricted.

Hydro Hurricane is great with Bloody Shadow and blocker decks, but it also works well with mono light creatures since the key feature of that card is the mana returning aspect, as you surely know.

Bajula is much easier to evolve in OCG but also some decks (mainly Darkness Fire) have proved that Bajula could be considered to be restricted.

This is what we have got thus far, more arguments will never hurt, so keep them coming. Seems like everybody is already agreeing that Cranium Clamp should be at least restricted in addition of banning Bombazar. We could start with that.

By restricting Clamp, RUB decks would be less deadly already.


_________________
The world changes, I change - My passion for Duel Masters persists.
Duel Masters Finland - The Finnish Duel Masters Community
avatar
Yami_Michael
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 138
Join date : 2017-02-02

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Yami_Michael on 13.02.17 8:39

And for further proof its not just "cards that were restricted in Japanese play", you see no mention for Cryptic Totem (yes its slightly nerfed after Curse Totem) or Spiral Gate.

Nothing about Transmogrify either, and thats a broken card near the levels of Soulswap.


_________________

Duel Masters Wiki - A site for all of your Duel Masters Information!
avatar
OcaVan
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Posts : 81
Feedback Points : 1/1
Join date : 2017-02-02
Location : germany

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by OcaVan on 13.02.17 19:43

@chiazx1: As i already mentioned, this list can only be recommendation, nothing more. So don't worry that you're not able to play some of the cards above.

I will add transmogrify to the watch list.
avatar
Jynkkymasiina69
Initiate
Initiate

Posts : 11
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 22
Location : Finland, Pori

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Jynkkymasiina69 on 15.02.17 13:16

Straight ban clamp and bolly. This game was created simply for having fun. These 2 cards ruin like 97% deck ideas to succeed. Whats fun about such a limited way to succeed?
avatar
Mr-ex777
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Posts : 129
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Mr-ex777 on 15.02.17 14:47

@Jynkkymasiina69 wrote:Straight ban clamp and bolly. This game was created simply for having fun. These 2 cards ruin like 97% deck ideas to succeed. Whats fun about such a limited way to succeed?

Bolly is Bombazar or Bolmeteus Steel Dragon? Plus in OCG we have worse cards and those weren't restricted.

As if you don't know there was a spell that costed 2 mana and if you have 4 or more multicolors in your mana zone your opponent discards 3 cards from his hand of his choice. And that isn't even hit yet.
avatar
Jynkkymasiina69
Initiate
Initiate

Posts : 11
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 22
Location : Finland, Pori

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Jynkkymasiina69 on 15.02.17 15:09

@Mr-ex777 wrote:
@Jynkkymasiina69 wrote:Straight ban clamp and bolly. This game was created simply for having fun. These 2 cards ruin like 97% deck ideas to succeed. Whats fun about such a limited way to succeed?

Bolly is Bombazar or Bolmeteus Steel Dragon? Plus in OCG we have worse cards and those weren't restricted.

As if you don't know there was a spell that costed 2 mana and if you have 4 or more multicolors in your mana zone your opponent discards 3 cards from his hand of his choice. And that isn't even hit yet.

Your point?
avatar
Mr-ex777
Master of Destruction
Master of Destruction

Posts : 129
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Mr-ex777 on 15.02.17 15:43

@Jynkkymasiina69 wrote:
@Mr-ex777 wrote:
@Jynkkymasiina69 wrote:Straight ban clamp and bolly. This game was created simply for having fun. These 2 cards ruin like 97% deck ideas to succeed. Whats fun about such a limited way to succeed?

Bolly is Bombazar or Bolmeteus Steel Dragon? Plus in OCG we have worse cards and those weren't restricted.

As if you don't know there was a spell that costed 2 mana and if you have 4 or more multicolors in your mana zone your opponent discards 3 cards from his hand of his choice. And that isn't even hit yet.

Your point?

I'm asking you what is bolly. Bombazar or Bolmeteus steel dragon. Answer my question.
avatar
Jynkkymasiina69
Initiate
Initiate

Posts : 11
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 22
Location : Finland, Pori

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Jynkkymasiina69 on 15.02.17 18:43

Bolmeteus why would I suggest already banned cards.
avatar
Secret_Wyvern
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 43
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 15
Location : New York,America

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Secret_Wyvern on 15.02.17 18:56

@Jynkkymasiina69 wrote:Bolmeteus why would I suggest already banned cards.
Technically Bombazar isn't banned in TCG, as the game is dead and he was only on a 'watchlist' about to be banned. So technically in TCG you could run a playset of him and no one could say anything. Well they could say a lot of things honestly, and most of the time people don't use him because well it's bombazar, he's op.
avatar
Coriler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posts : 28
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-11
Location : Germany

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Coriler on 15.02.17 19:21

@Mr-ex777 wrote:

I'm asking you what is bolly. Bombazar or Bolmeteus steel dragon. Answer my question.

1. maybe this will help:

BOLly

BOLmeteus steel dragon

BOLazar, dragon of destiny


2.if you had scrolled up and read the previous posts (which you should have) youd know...

3.bombazar is already banned in the community.
avatar
Jynkkymasiina69
Initiate
Initiate

Posts : 11
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 22
Location : Finland, Pori

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Jynkkymasiina69 on 15.02.17 19:26

@Secret_Wyvern wrote:
@Jynkkymasiina69 wrote:Bolmeteus why would I suggest already banned cards.
Technically Bombazar isn't banned in TCG, as the game is dead and he was only on a 'watchlist' about to be banned. So technically in TCG you could run a playset of him and no one could say anything. Well they could say a lot of things honestly, and most of the time people don't use him because well it's bombazar, he's op.

I see no reason why are you talking about some official ban lists since this is a thread about banned and restricted cards for our upcoming TCG community events.
avatar
OcaVan
Master of Evolution
Master of Evolution

Posts : 81
Feedback Points : 1/1
Join date : 2017-02-02
Location : germany

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by OcaVan on 16.02.17 13:58

I added a poll for 10 days about a bann/restriction (or watchlist) for Bolmeteus Steel Dragon.
avatar
Jynkkymasiina69
Initiate
Initiate

Posts : 11
Feedback Points : None
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 22
Location : Finland, Pori

Re: TCG Banned and Restricted List by DM Reborn

Post by Jynkkymasiina69 on 16.02.17 16:06

I give in slightly my thoughts and vote for restrict.

    Current date/time is 26.07.17 19:33